Every month we would like to recognize a Reformer that is a great role model of our growing community. Our Reformer of the Month embodies traits that we deem to be most important in making CrossFit Reform such a special place. This person shows great respect throughout the gym, a strong commitment to their health and fitness, and helps make others around them better. Get to know a little more about our Reformer of the Month here.
1) How long have you been in CF?
I have been doing CrossFit for 4 years.
2) How did you come across CF?
I saw the CrossFit games on TV. A friend told me a new box opened in RSM. When I worked at reform for the first time I new it was the place and workout for me.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
My favorite movement is thrusters my least favorite is anything with running
4) What is your proudest CF achievement or moment?
My greatest achievements happen often at Reform. I set short term goals for improvement. I have taken 2nd place twice at the Festivus Games.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
My favorite WOD is Fran.
6) Where are you from?
I was born outside of Chicago and raised in Anaheim Hills.
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
To be able fly.
8) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you pick and why?
I would go back to Greece. The people are so friendly and they live life to the fullest and are grateful for everything they have.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
My father, John Wooden, and one of my old coaches John Scolinos.
10) What advice can you give to newcomers to CrossFit that you wish you knew when you first started.
Leave your pride at the door. Pay attention to the coaches instructions regarding all the lifts. Speed and strength will come in time.
11) How has CF changed your life?
It has taught me to keep going one rep at a time. You can push yourself beyond any perceived limitations.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
Shout-out to all the coaches for the consistent encouragement at 5:30am and to Jerry for his lasting voice in my head to keep going.