Every month we would like to recognize a Reformer that is a great role model of our growing community. Our Reformer of the Month embodies traits that we deem to be most important in making CrossFit Reform such a special place. This person shows great respect throughout the gym, a strong commitment to their health and fitness, and helps make others around them better. Get to know a little more about our Reformer of the Month here.
1) How long have you been in CF?
I think a little over 2 years. I am not 100% sure.
2) How did you come across CF?
I first learned about CF at work, at Oakley, because there was potential of making some products in collaboration with Rich Froning. So, we had to learn about the athlete and the sport.
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
My favorite lift is power cleans/squat cleans. My least favorite is overhead squats. Recent PR was on 1RM squat clean at 165.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
I would like to continue to improve my overall fitness/health. There have been so many mini-milestones that CF has helped me accomplished already between the weight lifting, movements and cardio.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
Murph has to be at the top of the hero WOD's, in my opinion.
6) Where are you from?
Born and raised in Mexico.
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
To read people's minds, ha! Or to fly would be cool.
8) If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
Vacationing, with family, enjoying the beach. 3 wishes, right?
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
I would definitely have my wife and daughters. I love having dinner and parties with them.
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I own a coin and currency collection. The oldest item is from the early 1900's.
11) How has CF changed your life?
I think that finding CF has helped me tremendously. The community and energy around CF at Reform is the difference for me. It has helped me be more consistent with workouts and overall fitness.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
Big shout out to the team of Coaches at Reform and the crazy group that wakes up early to make the 5:30AM class aka The Dawn Patrol, add Rico to the group even if he shows up slightly later than everyone else. Along this journey I have met some amazing and inspiring people which is why CrossFit at Reform is fun. Last, I have to thank Brian Barragan for inviting me to try CF at Reform when he was training me at a local gym.