Every month we would like to recognize a Reformer that is a great role model of our growing community. Our Reformer of the Month embodies traits that we deem to be most important in making CrossFit Reform such a special place. This person shows great respect throughout the gym, a strong commitment to their health and fitness, and helps make others around them better. Get to know a little more about our Reformer of the Month here.
1) How long have you been in CF?
A little over a year
2) How did you come across CF?
I made a bet with my boyfriend, Jonathan Damen and his friend Chuck Norris, who both attend CrossFit Reform that within a year of doing CrossFit I could squat clean 225lb. Come to find out, not even some professional CrossFitters can squat clean 225lb lol. Obviously, I lost the bet, but now I am a cross fitter so in that respect I am still a winner! (Even though I joined for a non-traditional reason, I have come to enjoy CrossFit and the challenges it presents for me.)
3) What are your favorite movements/lifts? What are your least favorite? Any recent PRs you would like to mention?
Favorite Movements - Squat cleans, Wall Balls and Deadlift. Least Favorite - Overhead Squat.
4) What is one goal you would like to set for yourself regarding CF?
To be able to do a pull up and a push up.
5) Do you have a favorite girl or hero WOD?
No favorite WOD... I like doing AMRAMPs, because I at least know they are going to end at some point.
6) Where are you from?
Born and raised San Clemente, CA
7) If you could have any super hero power, what would it be?
I would like to have super human strength and abilities like Jessica Jones on Netflix, because she is a badass!
8) What would be your spirit animal and why?
Zebra because I love their unique stripes.
9) If you could host a dinner party with any three people, dead or alive, who would you have attend?
My Mother, My Father and My Step-Mother I have the most respect for them as they have helped me become the women I am today.
10) Share one thing that people in the gym would not know about you.
I have lots of animals. 5 dogs, 4 chickens, a mini-pot-bellied pig, a Siamese cat, a lilac amazon bird and a saltwater fish tank.
11) How has CF changed your life?
CrossFit has given me the confidence in myself to try different things and has made me realize I have the ability to do things and movements that I never thought I would ever be able to do.
12) Would you like to give any shout outs to those in the gym who have encouraged you or inspired you?
All the coaches and the Reformers that I have met and sweated with during my time at CrossFit Reform.